While feelings of gratitude for joys big and small usually come very easily for me, over the past couple of weeks I have had to be much more "intentional" about reminding myself to find things to be grateful for. That said, I do have a few to share.
I am thankful for:
- First and foremost, the fact that friends and former colleagues at the Library of Parliament made it through a dangerous and harrowing experience unscathed.
- The beautiful fall colours and crisp autumn air in Prince Edward County.
- Challenging Schubert Impromptus that are sharpening up my rather rusty classical piano skills.
- Giggles and full-on belly laughs shared with a sweet 3-year-old niece.
- Honeycrisp apples with caramel dip.
- Marathon phonecalls with my best friend Holly who is a constant encouragement, confidante, and general balm to my soul.