This past summer I tried to keep make-up to a minimum, both because I was trying to clear up my skin and also because I go into sunscreen overdrive in the sun, and hate how that mixes with make-up. But now that cooler temperatures are finally upon us I am officially back on the beauty train. I have my tried and true favourite products (which I'll share more about soon) but there are definitely a few items on my fall beauty wishlist.
1. Carven Eau de Parfum. It. Smells. Amazing. Currently I have the rollerball version of this, and before I got it I literally spritzed myself with this stuff every time I went into the Ottawa Sephora. I have actually gotten stopped by strangers who tell me how good I smell when I wear this perfume. A little creepy? Maybe. But confirmation that this scent is wondrous.
2. I used to be a bit dubious regarding primer, but after trying the tea-tree skin primer from the Body Shop, I was converted. So when I heard about (and saw amazing reviews of) this primer/mascara combo - Subversion / Perversion from Urban Decay I was instantly intrigued. Hoping they can, in combination make my "lizard-like" (read: almost non-existent) lashes stand out.
3. MOAR MAC PIGMENTS. This powdery goodness is my make-up dream come true. I have my lovely friend Laura to thank for introducing me to this magical stuff last year - a life-changing recommendation. I have three colours (Vanilla, Naked, and Tan) so far and am eyeing several more.
4. It might be a 90's revival, but I am loving the brownish-pink lipsticks I am seeing crop up everywhere. I particularly love this shade from Charlotte Tilbury - Stoned Rose.
5. Anyone familiar with my always-growing nail polish collection could tell you that I have a slight beige / neutral addiction. So many incarnations of these colours, I can't even tell you. So when I saw "Take it Outside" from Essie's new fall line-up, it automatically got added to my must-have list.
6. Last but certainly not least, Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum. I have this in Tulip, and it has been my favourite summer colour. I'd love to get the darker shade for transitioning into fall.
What beauty products are on your radar this autumn?