|Image Credit : Glitter Guide|
2013 was a year of ups and downs, of moving back and forth between provinces, of new jobs, new beginnings, of lifestyle change, of achieving goals, and investing in relationships with those most important to me. In spite of the fact that much of it was difficult and discouraging, there were reasons to be grateful, moments of laughter and happiness, and reasons to hope.
That said, I admit that I am looking onwards and upwards to 2014, and I have a good feeling that this year will be better than the last, the start of something new. And it will be - not just in my life in general but also here at lotsixtyfive.com. You'll see a few changes forthcoming on the blog, a little bit of a facelift, and a few new features, which I'm excited about, and I hope you will be too. I do, however, enjoy the process of thinking on the year and coming up with a few goals to work towards, which I thought I would publish here, partially to share my vision for the new year, and partially to help keep myself accountable!
- (Continue to) Focus on fitness and healthy nutrition
- 2013 saw me complete a 5k, here's to a 10k in 2014
- Read 100 books in a variety of genres (so far: one down, 99 to go!)
- Volunteer: serve others
- Write more!
- Practice intentional gratefulness
- Embrace colour!
- Add a little bit of sparkle to every day
- Travel to Switzerland
- Try (at least) one new recipe a month
- Learn a new skill (Ideas: Bookbinding, Sewing, Knitting.. all of the above?)
- Take more photographs. Keep learning!
What are some of the goals you hope to work towards in the coming year? Feel free to share in the comments, or send me a note on twitter!